Monday, November 25, 2013

Legacy of Love....poem of sorts...


Legacy of Love

Love is not an action, a verb, or a noun
But a person whose in Heaven
Descending from His crown

You are for me and with me,
Always at my side
You’re my Daddy high in Heaven, 
Who shouts, “I’ve made you for this ride!”

So let's go higher, let's go further
Take me deeper, evermore
For without you, what’s the point?
This life forever, just a bore

For motions and actions,
No longer can I stand
But only you and me forever
Forever, walking hand in hand

Worldly goods and possessions
Fame and fortune everywhere

Tell me I am living for more than this
Tell me there’s a hope, I haven’t missed

For my life’s a mere mist
Here one day & gone the next

Knowing I take nothing where I go,
Praying I don't succumb to this earthly show

So, what legacy will remain?
Maybe that of a good name?
Or maybe of fortune or of fame?

No way, no way, no way I say
May it count for love, the very best way! 

For there's no greater legacy, 

Than revealing His love from above 


So....What legacy are you leaving? 

No comments:

Post a Comment