Friday, May 18, 2012

Love & Faithfulness...

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love

Here's a verse I have memorized and am often praying over people and situations, but only as of late do I feel like I have come to know this verse.  Meaning my head knowledge has become heart knowledge.  God has been given me greater revelations of His love for me and His love for others and in return I have noticed love really does drive out all fear.  It's not like I didn't know this before, but that's what happens when you experience truth.  

When I look ahead at the future, as known or unknown it may seem, it's easy to be fearful and wonder what they heck is in store for me and will it be good?!  Yet as I am embracing this love God has for me I can't help but trust that He will be faithful.  Love and faithfulness really do go hand in hand.  

As I have been reading through the Psalms so many times I see Love followed by Faithfulness - have a read and see for yourself.  When I grasp how much God loves me, I can know that my future is secure in Him and He will be Faithful.  

I don't want to worry, I don't want to fret, I want to trust in my Father who created me in Love, purposed me in Love, and has designed the very world I live in, in Love.  

So today I am praying that He would pour out a greater revelation of Love to me today and in turn I would have faith and trust for the future that lies ahead, however known or unknown that may be.  



No comments:

Post a Comment