Monday, June 11, 2012

Say you lived in England for 7 months....


Here's a few things you may think if you have lived in Sheffield, England for 7 months...

1. The accents aren't as cool as when you first arrived (honestly I don't even notice anymore)

2.  People feel more comfortable with you so they are more likely to mock your American accent 

3.  The roads and cars still seem tiny and don't make much sense 

4.  Bacon, Brie, & Bread continue to be way better! 

5.  It really does rain most of the time - never leave home without your brolly 

6.  There are STILL phrases and things these people say that you have no idea what they are referring to 

7.  You remain to be confused about their obsession with beans - on toast, on potatoes, for breakfast - weird...

8.  You haven't figured out the rules to futbol - even after a many people have tried to explain it 

9.  You long for some good Mexican 

10. You still wonder if people are lying to you when they say they have heard of Iowa 


AND on a serious note...

When I look back on this past year I see nothing but God's goodness and faithfulness over my life, He really has provided for me in every capacity and it seems like all I do when I sit and write in my journal is thank Him and thank Him.  I guess that's not a bad thing is it?! :) 

In July I get to go home for a bit and as I was putting my leave & return dates in my calendar I realized that on both dates I put, Fly Home.  It's good to have two homes - two places that I love and loads of people I love even more.  

So thank you again Jesus for my two homes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment