Monday, November 4, 2013

Stillness...poem of sorts


When was the last time you were still?

With no noise, no sounds, no music on, no IPhone at your fingertips, no laptop within reach.

Just still. 

Dictionary.com says stillness means the absence of motion. 

When was the last time your body was without motion?  And I don’t mean sleeping. 

I currently live with two kids under 4 so I am beginning to understand that for the mothers and fathers out there, this reality above is next to impossible and yet all more important from time to time. 

I pray these words of stillness below would encourage whoever reads them today!


When noise and sounds cease to exist
Heaven’s gateway opens,
And His Voice you can’t miss!


Stillness of the Soul

The peace and stillness of the soul,
A moment here, a moment more

These lines below started to flow,
As I found myself alone at home

No sound, no noise, no voice at all
Just Him and I, awaiting His call 

For I need His breath,
His very heartbeat
I need His rest,
He's my island retreat

I long to know what He thinks,
And how He feels
So Daddy please come,
Be so tangibly real

Don't let this peace go, 
Please let it remain
For my soul is forever,
Forever, it’s changed

Changed from His love
Yes, changed from above

But there’s no telling when,
When will it descend again?

But I trust it will, 
I trust it within
For without it I am lost,
Never to win

So find me today,
Find me this hour
Pour out your love,
Your heavenly shower

For a moment here,
A moment more
It’s your peace,
It’s your stillness,
Of my soul

-----------------------------------------------

For when you’re quiet,
Ever silent,
He finds you there
Words of truth and of love,
Burst through the air

Let this motivate your heart
And encourage you today
For your Dad in Heaven has much to say!


No comments:

Post a Comment