Saturday, June 18, 2011

Realizations...

Proverbs 30:8

8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.


I have been praying Proverbs 30:8 over myself these past couple weeks. It seemed appropriate as I am raising support! :) When you pray scripture over yourself, God tends to show you a thing or two - funny how that works! Here's my realizations.

I realized - I already have riches. Living in America I have been blessed with everything I need and then some. Seriously, what comfort do I not have?!

I realized - I am too often being satisified and filled up with my riches and not the daily bread that God provides - this was my biggest realization!

I realized - It's hard to be continually desiring God's bread and not the what the world tells you, you need and will make you happy.

I realized - when your living for Christ, you are going against the grain, no wonder it's hard!

I realized - God's bread is only what will satisfy.

I realized - how much I NEED Him everyday.

I stumbled across this quote and I think it sums up this post quite nicely!

“We need to pray for our daily bread not because we’re worried about where our
next meal might come from, but because we’re not.”

AND

Speaking of "riches" I have this lovely Chevy 2005 Impala for sale?! Any takers?:)!



No comments:

Post a Comment