Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering The Year of 27...

All throughout the book of Deuteronomy God commands His people to REMEMBER. Remember ALL that God has done for them and how He has acted on their behalf. I have always loved this command and wanted a practical way of doing this frequently in my life.

My birthday is this Saturday, so I thought I would start a new tradition of taking time to reflect on this past year and all that God has done around me and through me.

Hopefully this will help me to REMEMBER His goodness and grace every year of my life!

Remembering The Year of 27:

Katie Wieland starting walking with Jesus!

Megan Olson grew deeper in love with Jesus!

God took me through the decision process of moving to England. I learned SO much, one of the big things was my experiencing more of my identity in Christ alone.

I grew in the gift of prophecy and being able to share God's heart with someone.

I got to spend 10 days with both my brother's families before moving to England.

As I moved to Iowa City God provided me with friends and a rockstar Grad Connection Group!

Brooke Overholt - enough said.

I watched season one of Glee with Carrie!

God gave me a best friend, who I lived with, worked with, and did life with.

I experienced God's heart for me - He loves me, delights in me, and calls me worthy and beautiful.

I went to NYC, Chicago, Indianapolis, TX, Lexington, UConn!

I went to Sea World San Antonio & Adventureland - get at me coasters!

Learned how important communication is.

Met regularly with people who struggle with depression - learned a lot.

Verses that stuck - Phil 1:6, Psalm 51:10-12, John 7:38

Sam Gorvin - Shared a picture w/ her at Salt which brought her into the Body!

Summer 2010 - moved to Iowa City and got to help start Veritas Church!

God provided support ($) for England - very humbling process.

Abiding & Rest - true "work" comes from this time - still learning this!

As I read back through this list, it doesn't even seem to justify all that God has done. Each of these statements have so much depth that speak even more to the goodness of God. I come back to Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness & love will follow me all the days of my life"! Year of 28, bring it on!!


AND because God LOVES the Cyclones I can't help REMEMBER
how the Cyclones defeated the Hawkeyes this year!!! :)

Here's little man, Ethan - ohhh yeah he's already a die hard!

Bella is 18 months old and this is her 2nd ISU game! Priorites people!!

Good times with the Huhn's before the game!

Watching the game in the Jacobson Building! :)
It's great to know people who are related to the coach!

Perks of watching the game in the Jacobson!
You get to meet studs like "The Mayor"!


No comments:

Post a Comment