Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ode to Grandma Ruth

Not too seem to depressing but I happen to be driving by my Grandma's grave site this past week and thought I would snap a shot. It ended up being a good time of reflection. Below are a few things that came to mind as I was remembering life with Grandma Ruth! Unfortunately, I never got the privilege of meeting my Grandpa Harold.

- playing hide and go seek
- amazing Apple Pie - OMG!
- playing endless games of Checkers - I still think she let me win!
- staying at her house the week of the Franklin County Fair every summer
- Cinnamon Toast goodness
- Her finger nail with a bump on it - wicked cool!
- Her warm and caring personality
- Always offering everyone seconds and more seconds (food)
- Hugs
- Never being able to say my name right on the 1st try - too many grandkids!! :)
- Knowing I was her favorite!! I mean come on I had to be!! :)


Here's a brief slideshow of Grandma Ruth through the years!

The Young Grandpa Harold & Grandma Ruth

AND skipping a few years... Gosh, what a good looking bunch!

The whole Schaefer clan!

My Grandma's were my biggest fans for my High School glory days!!
They rarely missed a game!


AND this last one is for Kate and Rachel!
See.... my love for cats started at a young age!! :)


2 comments:

  1. My grandma Ruth was also amazing - must be the name! Love it! And the cat photo......too adorable! Oh, and you are pretty cute yourself! :) - Rachel N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikaela -- so neat you are remembering your grandma like this! Hold on to those memories. Your Grandma Ruth was a very special lady -- so caring and so friendly. Am certain you are carrying on those values she taught you such as these! Your Grandpa Harold was a very nice man, too. I loved growing up in that neighborhood -- we were like family.
    Becky M.

    ReplyDelete