Thursday, December 8, 2011

Coming back from "Canaan"

Recently, I was explaining to my brother Brandon some bits and bobs about my time in England so far. He made the connection how my time has been similar to Moses in Numbers 13 & 14. I couldn't agree more.

Here in Numbers it tells the story of how Lord told Moses to send in leaders to scout out of the land of Canaan. The leaders came back and told Moses they couldn't take the land - the people were too big, they were too small, basically the task was too large. Yet there was one leader, Caleb who believed the Lord was with them and they should go into the land! (that's the just of the story)

These past 2 months I definitely have been scouting the land and asking tons of questions like Moses asked in Numbers 14:18-20. Now with lots of those questions answered, I am praying this next month (at home) will serve as a great preparation time to head back into Sheffield once again!

It's easy to look ahead in disbelief at the tasks ahead that God has but I am also praying that the Lord would find me like Caleb - one with a different spirit and follows wholeheartedly (Num 14:24).

Possibly some more posts to follow this up, BUT it is the Holidays and I haven't watched football in 2 months, so just a heads up to my faithful followers that I might not be posting much in the next month....assuming that I can stay away! :)

AND a few last photos from the past few days!

In our huddle (discipleship group) everyone was real excited to open their Kinder Surprise. Basically chocolate with a "surprise" in the middle.

Sadly the surprise inside was highly disappointing...as you can see! :)

Or actually not see at all! :)

Although mine was pretty MONEY - it spins!

Our Church staff Christmas PAR-TAY!! Games, food, wine, hats - what else do you need?!

Rachel - she's just so cute!

This week we (church staff, youth team, youth) surprised Pippa with send off party! Basically a time where people got to share all the ways Pips is amazing and how she rocks at youth work!

One thing I love about this church - they do a great job at honoring people!! Encouraged and challenged by this.


You said, Whhaatt?!!:

Sorry I have been lazy and haven't been good at remembering all the different and crazy things these Brits say!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment