Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's been awhile...

Since I have been slacking on the blog posts I thought I would shoot out a quick list update on what's been shaking in Sheffield, England. 

1.  I continue to learn new words like brolley for umbrella and learn new phrases like chucking it down or tipping it down to use when it's raining a lot.

2.  As of late I find myself craving a fountain pop from the states. 

3.  I recently purchased plane tickets for a summer trip home and noticed I labeled both my leave and return dates in my calendar as "Fly Home" - it's a blessing and yet sometimes hard having two homes.  

4.  Last weekend my community went to the Prouders Towers (Ally's parents house) for a weekend getaway! 


View of the Lake District - Money!

Ca-Ca-Ca Community - yes we are lacking people of the male gender...we are recruiting...

5.  I continue to love the bacon & brie here! 

6.  Recently I have gained two American friends - that seems wierd to write. 

7.  This past Wednesday around 50 women young & old came to do one thing - seek the presence of the Jesus!  It was really encouraging to see women so up for it and hungry! 


8.  LOVE LOVE LOVE - this is the majority of what Jesus is teaching me about these days & that there is NO FEAR in perfect love.  So much I could unpack here....another post! :) 

9.  I finished Season 1 of Downton Abbey - now onto Season 2!!  Care Care, Tay Tay, Rachel "pancakes" Randall, Stacey "char-ley" Rathjen,  Gusta with the Musta, Asian Rachel - you all come to mind as people who would enjoy this show!!  Check it out! 

10.  Recent question I have been reflecting on...Do I love Jesus more since when I first came to England?  How I measure the results....Do I love people more?! 


2 comments:

  1. 'Pancakes' loves Downton Abbey!!! We are anxiously awaiting season 3 but may have to wait until January when it comes to the states. WOMP! But alas, I can wait, it sucked us in this year and I'm sure it will suck us in once again! :) - Rach

    ReplyDelete