Monday, August 18, 2014

The Mastery of Being Content





It's a skill, an art, a talent for sure. 

To be content completely, without a care in the world. 

I haven't mastered this art (yet) but as the days go by and I get closer to another birthday, I realize it's a place I long to live from each and every day.


God popped this poem into my head as I was driving home one night, contemplating the mystery of God and the heart He's given us.  



Content with no worries, content without plans.
Content always knowing, you’re holding my hand.

Content, oh so happy, content, oh so free.
Content always knowing, all I need to be is me.

Content, oh so steady, content, oh so smooth.
Content always knowing, Holy Spirit’s groove.

Content with my Dad, content with His Son.
Content always knowing, we are all together one.

Content now and always, content help me be.
Content is the place in which I hold the key.   

Content is how I want to live, content is how I want to be.
Content is the place that this world longs to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment