Monday, November 21, 2011

Culture of Honor...

I am currently reading the book Culture of Honor. I am challenged to say the least. Below are a few paragraphs from the book, but I would recommend putting this book on your Christmas list so many good nuggets in here!


The truth is we give everyone in our circle of influence what we know, a relationship culture that is either rule-driven or love-driven. And only one promotes honor, because only one accurately acknowledges the fullness of our God-given identities. There is no culture of honor without a strongly shared belief that we are free sons and daughters. We always pass on what we know and what we have.

Honoring (putting others above yourself), then "equipping the saints" becomes a matter of extending honor by releasing every person into his or her unique identity or destiny. Each believer comes to understand his or her significance to the whole Body, and the conviction begins to take hold: "I carry something that no one else carries. I must develop and release my gifts into the Church and the world and do my part in bringing Heaven to earth." Honor empowers people.

When our children don't need to be punished for their sin and they begin to learn that the priority when they fail is restoring their relationship rather than accepting punishment, they begin to cultivate a high value for relationships as the priority in our culture. This is how we teach people to live a life of love and liberty, and how we learn the power of trust and intimacy.

More to come on this book - I am only in Chapter 4 :)


Here are a few pics from my English Thanksgiving!!

Our Young Adult core team got together last night and
they did a great job at making me feel right at home!

They even tried to name all the 50 states.
I am still impressed as they were only two short!

Not gonna lie, Ally was the real champion in naming the states!


You said, Whhaattt?! -

Term - semester

Cricket & Netball - two games that are played a lot here which I have no idea how to play

Tick - check


No comments:

Post a Comment