Tuesday, February 11, 2014

To my friend Chuck, you will be forever missed!


A Tribute to my dear friend, Chuck

It is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes that I write this blog of honor and love to my friend, Chuck who recently passed away.

His death came as an unexpected shock to all of us, as his heart failed him in the night.  Where do I even go from here? How do I even begin to process such a loss?

I suppose, right where it ended, with his heart. 

Chuck had such a big, generous, and loving heart, and I know these words below won’t do him justice but I will sure try my best.

The picture of him is so appropriate as the bottle states “more Jesus” because if you knew Chuck, you were automatically introduced to more of Jesus.  Every time you hung out with him, it was like you were hanging out with Jesus.  A man whose words always spoke life, encouragement, and love time and time again. 

I can still remember the times when he would give me a prophetic word, with tears in his eyes as he shared the very passion and heart of Jesus.

He was one of the those people who was continually calling out the gold in you, continually showing you what God made you to do and who God made you to be.  He saw the best in you, even if you weren’t living it yet. 

Chuck had an enormous impact on my spiritual walk, specifically with my Father in Heaven and the Holy Spirit, always showing me there was MORE I could press into.

Chuck never settled.  He wanted to see the Kingdom come and wanted to release the prophetic wherever he went and to who ever he met.  He was a Prophet with a capital P, forever encouraging and edifying the body of Christ. 

At the very heart of Chuck, was a heart of love.  I am not sure I have met someone who wanted so badly to see the body of Christ, BE the body of Christ.  A community who loved one another, and would lay down their lives for one another.  Again, with tears in his eyes he would often share with me the hurt he felt when people of the church were the ones responsible for such rejection and pain. 

Chuck lived from the passion of his heart displaying the entire Trinity.  He wasn’t just a Jesus guy but rather a guy who understood the love of his Daddy in Heaven, the friendship of Jesus, and the power of the Holy Spirit.  This passion was released to whoever would receive it from him!

The legacy of Chuck is one I feel so blessed and privileged to have received and pray I am able to hold tightly to all the truth and love he expressed to me and others time and time again.

There’s so much in me that is still in shock of losing such a great friend and thinking God, what the heck? I don’t get it?  I guess it’s just another one of those questions that I have to trust to the One who holds all wisdom in the palm of His mighty hand.

My tears haven’t stopped flowing since I heard the news, and the memories continue to replay in my mind again and again.  I pray they would only sharpen as the years go on, as I know he is a friend who has sharpened my heart and my life, more than words can even say.

So in a tribute to my great friend, Chuck, I pray I would live full of LOVE today, as I release Heaven to Earth because I know that’s exactly what he would do. 

I love you Chuck and am incredibly thankful that God gave us a friendship on this earth and can’t wait to see you in Heaven.  I can imagine you are already dancing and getting drunk on Jesus as we speak – what you did best! :) 

You are now forever drinking Him up!  Heaven is surely having a party now! 
 Until I see you there…

Rest in peace, my dear friend and brother in Christ.  



A Poem for the Prophet  

My heart is so heavy, as I lost someone today.
He was a friend and a brother, so what else can I say?

A man of honor and respect, full of laughter and of love.
It’s still hard to believe, he’s now with His Daddy high above.

A man so lovely, a man so kind, there really isn’t a better friend,
On this earth you could find.

He was always ready with a smile, willing to go the extra mile.

He was always releasing Heaven to Earth, releasing everyone’s true worth.

His life was a testimony, for all the world to see,
His life was a mirror, of the entire Trinity.

And again and again the tears begin to flow,
Oh Daddy I miss this man more than these words can even show.

Love was all he knew and all he cared about,
Releasing His Daddy’s heart was all he ever spout.

A man of adventure and fun, always ready for the party,
Wherever he would go, laughter always was his hobby

His legacy will always be, of that of love and honor,
And calling out the gold within no matter what the hour.

So today I celebrate, Chuck, my friend and my brother, and to say to Him in Heaven,
My friend it was an honor!


No comments:

Post a Comment