Monday, April 7, 2014

Has this year felt like a roller coaster?



Click, click, click, click, inching to the top, you can feel every snap of the coaster as the ground gets further away.  The anticipation rises, your stomach starts to churn, your hands tighten on the bar in front of you.  Turning to your friend, you can’t find words but instead a loud scream comes out of your mouth as if to say, WHAT WERE WE THINKING?

The coaster stands still for a moment and all of a sudden, AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Down, up, around, down, up, and around, and AHHHHHH!!!!! And down, up, and around, and AHHHH!!!!!

Your hair is a mess, your crying, laughing, ecstatic with energy, still shaking, and maybe a little sick.  The coaster hurls to a stop, and everyone is buzzing with excitement as you secretly wonder if that was the best or worst experience of your life.

Now the most important question arises, as someone shouts, let’s do it again!

So, will you ride again? 

I share this roller coaster experience for a few reasons.    

1.     I love roller coasters!!

2.     Rick Joyner, the President of a Christian ministry, prophesied that this year will be like a roller coaster with high highs and low lows. 

3.     I agree with #2 and already have experienced a roller coaster type of year.   

4.     I want to share with you a recent “high” in my life.

Last week I got the privilege of attending a Writer’s Conference in North Carolina.  It was 4 days of intense teaching and training on the ins and outs of what it takes to be a brilliant writer.  I learned A LOT and am still digesting all the nuggets of wisdom I heard throughout the week. 

This newfound “high” in writing has become a lifeline to me, and has been a great reminder to me of God’s faithfulness when I find myself in the low lows.

The roller coaster of life, is up and down and all around, and at the end of each ride (season), I am confronted with the same question. 

Will I ride again?  Will I be up for His roller coaster of life?

There's only one answer....AHHHbbbsolutely! 



Pictures from the Writer's Conference



One of my new friends, Ivete from Brazil!


Ivete, Deborah Joyner (speaker), & Me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment