Friday, August 26, 2011

Airline Revelation

Recently when I was praying I heard God say to me, “I will always take care of you.” Those were some sweet words to hear then and have continued to be very comforting these past few weeks.

Today I was traveling on Delta Airlines (the only way to fly if you ask me!) and I realized this is the same reason why I love Delta - they take care of me! Let me give you a recap of my flight to show you what I mean!

I was the last passenger proceeding on the plane and I couldn't seem to find a spot for my bag. Immediately Cindy, the stewardess notices and says, “Come here sweetheart we will find a spot.” Sweetheart?! My heart melted right there! Cindy found a spot for my luggage in the very back and then she realized my seat was way upfront, so she said “Why don’t you sit in the exit row (with no one next to me)!!" Ah, yes please! God sure does LOVE me!

As I sat down I saw the gentlemen next to me take off his shoes and I thought that’s right let’s get cozy, so I took mine off too! He instantly looked at me and smiled and then asked if I wanted a blanket as well?! I said, Is the Pope Catholic? Heck Yes, I will take a blanket! Actually I just said Yes with a smile, but you get my excitement!

As we took off I was in the midst of a lovely quiet time snuggled up in my blanket with my feet up. Just as I was getting thirsty, Cindy came by with the drink cart! :) Another great perk about Delta – they give you snacks! I of course asked for both Pretzels and Cookies (Yes, Haley these cookies maybe for you!) and Cindy said, “Of course, sweetheart.” Again sweetheart?! Well that was it, I was done for. I sat back pretzels in hand along with my cold crisp Diet Coke and the revelation came – I love Delta….because they take care of me!

Then I look over and the guy next to me is having Rum & Coke with this shoes off and the couple in front of me are having wine. What is this place?! Airline Hideaway if you ask me.

The moral of the story – I want to be known as someone God uses to take care of people, in whatever big or small way that may be. As dumb as it sounds I felt encouraged and loved on that Delta aircraft and as Christ-followers we should be taking care of people way better than any secular company. Thank you Delta Airlines - I am challenged and a satisfied customer!

AND

Here are a few "Photo Booth" photos I took with little sweets, Eva!

At first she wasn't quite sure what I was doing! :)

But then she warmed up to it!

That's right - now were talking!! Aunt Kae Kae is the best!! :)



1 comment:

  1. You look absolutely beautiful!!!!! Will you be the Delta in my life :)

    ReplyDelete