Saturday, August 20, 2011

Jesus Stuff & Adventureland

In Mark 1:9-13 God speaks over Jesus His identity - that He is His Son, He loves Him, and He is well pleased with Him. Jesus hadn't even started His ministry and God was declaring these truths over Him. And so it's the same with us. Before we ever "do" anything God tells us that we His children, He loves us, and He is pleased with us.

This is hard for me because I am a doer. I think most Americans are. Performing and having something to show for your day/life is important in our culture. It's how we determine success and attribute value to people and also how we attain our "identity". Yet in God's Kingdom success and worth are determined differently. God speaks over us who we are, it's not by anything we do.

In the past couple months many of the things that I find myself placing my identity in have been removed from my life which makes sense when your moving across the pond! So for the first time I think I am actually learning what it means to have my identity, my worth, and my value in Christ! (Email me if you would like a more detailed unpacking of this!)

FINALLY, this phrase that so many Christians throw around actually makes sense:)

Conclusion - experience really is the only way to learn anything!


AND
On a lighter note here's a few pics from my recent Adventureland adventure:)

10:30am - Get at me Adventureland!

Ms. Kari and I - she's a stud and a ride junkie!!

Tornado!!!!

Nothing like going on a coaster with a big ole turkey leg in your stomach!

Accompanied with a bag of Mini Donuts!

Kari & Emily - some of my favorite ladies this past year!!
These two are one of the many reasons I am SO thankful I moved to Iowa City!

We went to the circus, which was actually pretty good!
The main guy kept doing this "pose" above! Circus people are weird!

Full Day at Adventureland! We left happy!

Although this is how we really felt. Adventureland makes you dramatic!

AND here are a few things we learned after a day in the park:

1. People STILL have mullets

2. Mullets are still NASTY!

3. We don't want to be fat

4. Mini donuts are amazing (but in moderation- see #3)

5. The A-Step accompanied with a fist pump in the air is the ONLY way to end a roller coaster or water slide (see above picture) Thank you Lance & Emily for this discovery!

6. You absolutely MUST have a tattoo to ride every ride Adventureland has to offer.

7. Pizza Hut is a perfect way to end a day at the park, BUT easy on the breadsticks (see #3)

We really did "love it at Adventureland!"



No comments:

Post a Comment