Monday, August 1, 2011

Deep Thoughts by Mikaela Schaefer

In my time of waiting I have had time to reflect on the past couple years and the future that lies ahead of me. As a journaler I often spend time writing down my thoughts, prayers, and feelings, but it has been good to spend a little extra time in some "deep" reflection.

Think - Saturday Night Live, Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy :)

So without further delay, here are a few of my Deep Thoughts:

The Holy Spirit is stinking ridiculous and I want to be more and more aware of it in my everyday life!

You can't take people where you haven't been.

I always want to be in a place where I am invested in and not just accepted in.

When I am finding my identity and worth in Christ, I have freedom to live fearlessly for God's kingdom because I am not worried what people will think about me.

8 out of 10 times I prefer a small group or one on one setting vs large groups.

I am an introvert and need time alone to really refresh and energize me.

My best and favorite mentors and friends have been people that have been great listeners.

I shouldn't take myself so seriously.

I am more productive with routine in my life.

The Bachlor/ette should be watched every season - kind of not joking!

It's always worth it to follow God and not to please people.

Staff retreats are way better with a boat and jet skis.

It really is all about communication!

I really enjoy encouraging people (specifically notes) and need to continue loving on people in that way!


My last couple blogposts included recent wedding pictures,
so I thought I would post some pics of my friends whose weddings I will miss :(

Sarah - this girl can make a mean cross stitch and she can cook!
Shoot, how do I get into her family?!

I would marry Evee in a heartbeat because I would never stop laughing!
I am smiling just thinking about her! :)

Jenn (right)
The first word I think of with Jenn is potential!
I am so excited to see where God is gonna take Jake & Jenn!

Slyvia (left) - also known as Sylvia
Sly-via is one of the best friends to have because 1. she will laugh at your jokes!
2. she's authentic which means we have great convos!

Love you all and I am SO bummed I will miss your big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment