Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Are You Activating the Gifts God’s given You?



Birthday Boy Ethan with Sister Bella 


In route to wish my nephew a happy 3rd birthday, I patiently waited for my flight to begin boarding and noticed the majority of the people around me reading books.  It’s not uncommon and usually how travelers pass the time, me included.  But not this time.  

What was I doing?  I was writing!  Writing, writing, writing, my little heart out.  But more than that I was ACTIVATING the words God has spoken over my life. 

Last summer I heard God say, “Start writing.”  Start writing what? I wasn’t entirely sure, but I knew to start.  Therefore, these past months have been an adventure in discovering the gift, passion, and joy He has put in me to write.  I am still learning and growing, as He shows me my style and my voice, trying to enjoy the process, rather than throw in the towel each time I get frustrated.

It’s a process for sure, but I have been encouraged, as I have heard the Holy Spirit whispering the word “activation” to me.  To activate the gifts I have been given, activate the words over my life, and activate what I want to see manifest in my life.   

The word active means being in a state of existence, progress, or motion.  Of course it’s important for me to pray for God to answer my prayers, but sometimes I need to take it a step further, and actually put into motion these hopes. 

I know it’s God who makes everything grow (us included) but He still requires me to plant, water, and tend the seeds He’s put me.   

So as I looked around at the travelers with their heads in a book, I smiled to myself knowing that one day someone might be on a plane reading my book all because I was obedient to activate what I know God has put in me. 

So, today what gifts do you want to activate? 

What could you do today that might set into motion your dreams and desires?

This story below articulates the heart of activation, and I pray it ACTIVATES you into your destiny today!


Lottery Ticket

A story is told of a woman in desperate need of changing her financial situation so she goes to church to ask God for help.  “Dear Lord,” she prays, “if I don’t get some cash, I am going to lose everything.  Please let me win the lottery.”  Lottery night comes, but she doesn’t win.

The next week she prays even harder, “God, I am counting on you.  I need your help.  Please let me win this once.”  Lottery night comes and again no luck. 

A week later and still no richer, the woman prays one more time, saying, “God, I don’t seem to be getting through to you.  I have been really good.  Give me a break and let me win the lottery.” 

Suddenly, the Heavens open up and there is a blinding flash of light and a deep voice says, “Give me a break, lady! Buy a ticket!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment