Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Are you in transition? My secret to Transition Tranquility!


Transition is a funny one. 

You are not quite gone, yet not quite there. 

Transition.

Often hard, yet usually needed.

Transition. 

Moving mentally, physically, and spiritually. 

Transition.

From point A to point B.


It seems someway or another we are always in state of transition.

Only briefly does there seem to be moments of stillness, rest, and normalcy.

Transition. 

How did Paul learn to be content no matter what the circumstance? 

How did he learn transitional tranquility?


The past 5 years have been a bit of transition for me, as I have moved to a new city, then a new country, then back to the first country, and then to a new state and city.  Yet through it all I am learning like Paul this mastery of being content.

My secret to transitional tranquility is this... 

Faithfully Thankful.

To faithfully keep walking where He leads.  Faithfully listening to His voice.  Faithfully responding to often just the one thing I know He’s asking me to do. Faithfully doing my best to love, trust, hope and believe.  And in all things being thankful.  Thankful for water to drink, a family to come home to, friends that I love, sports to watch, good food to eat, and the list goes on and on.  

Transition isn’t always easy and being faithfully thankful isn’t always easy. 

This picture below has continuously found its way into my life these past few years, whether I see in a store, in someone’s house, or even on cards people send me, I can’t escape it.  

It's been a reminder that in transition you often can’t see what’s ahead but must choose to keep walking faithfully, thankful. 



Faithfully Thankful. 

One secret to transitional tranquility, however long the season may last.  

No comments:

Post a Comment