Monday, October 24, 2011

First & Foremost....

Judith on the left & Emma on the right.
I met these two crazy ladies last week and after introducing myself,
they said "Ohh Mikaela, we know you, we read your blog."
I thought, ohh that's not creepy at all! :) And figured I might want to learn their names!
It's been fun to get to know these ladies - real stalkers, I mean real gems!

Our last Wednesday at Costa coffee, we spent some time soaking (more to come on this word) before the Lord and receiving what He would want to speak to us.


AND....here's a bit of truth I have been chewing on...

Being in a foreign country it's easy for me to quickly identity myself as an American. I naturally compare everything to what I am used to and can fall into the trap of declaring my citizenship as an prideful American. As I am daily encountering many differences God has reminded me of this verse in Philippians.

Philippians 3:20 - But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

FIRST & FOREMOST I want my identity to be wrapped up in the Kingdom of God and my citizenship in Heaven. This is a truth that needs to remain at the forefront of my mind which is easy to do when I am encountering people who don't talk like me or drive on the side of the road I am used to - I can't tell you how many times I went to get into a car as if I am the driver. It's a miracle I haven't gotten hit by cars going the "wrong" way. But thankfully my citizenship is in Heaven so I don't get annoyed or frustrated by any of these differences. HA! :)


You said, Whaaat?! –

If you have a lot of items to bring back from the grocery store you bring a carry on (suitcase) with you and then wheel it back home with all your goods. These Englishmen are so smart :)

Knackered - exhausted, tired

Tele - television

Toilet - bathroom

Wellies - rain boots

2 comments:

  1. love it!
    excited you are over here to have fun with us! YAY!
    x x x

    Emma JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your latest blog! excited for the fun we will have!!

    Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete