Saturday, October 22, 2011

Here's to Week One!

On Friday night, I went dancing with some of my friends!
This is a pretty normal weekend outting for them!
So I am gonna need to buff up my dancing shoes - more like buy some :)

On Saturday we went walking through the hilly Peak district
(similar to a National Park)! I felt right at home with a smore in hand!

Thankfully we had Sam there to build us a manly fire!
He is a good lad to have around.

This past week most of my time has been spent getting to know people, hacking out student ministry details with Nick and just getting a feel for Sheffield.

Today I had tea with Beth - as you can see! She leads one of our student Missional Communities and definitely has a natural gift of leadership.
I am excited how God will use her this year!

She attends Sheffield Hallam University (see below) and some of our students also attend the University of Sheffield. I will resist any comments on which one is better!

For the past couple weeks, our student ministry has been meeting on Wednesday nights at Costa coffee - a great time of fellowship and banter as they say! This Wed will be our last time in Costa as we kick off Missional Communities this next week!


You said, Whaaat?! –

I will probably be going to the grocery store twice a week or more. It's a 5 minute walk and our fridge is the size of an American freezer. Quite a change from my monthly (if that) trips to the store!

Fancy - to like something (did you steal this one from them Haley?!)

Banter - joking around

Cheeky - clever, witty (my friend called me this last week) :)

Chap - guy

Boot - trunk of a car

Film - movie

1 comment:

  1. you have been busy!
    Exciting you got to hang with Beth! She is awsomeeeee.
    x x x
    and clearly Hallam is better....

    Emma JJ

    ReplyDelete