Saturday, February 18, 2012

Raising up Mary's...

About a week ago I felt the Lord say that my focus needs to be on raising up a generation of Mary's. So for the past week I have been diving into the verses on Mary and Martha.

You know the story - Martha was a busy bee serving the Lord, questioning Jesus why her sister Mary wasn't helping her, only to have Jesus rebuke her saying that Mary has chosen what is better.

As I have been thinking about raising up women who are like Mary, I realized I first must be a Mary. I can't lead someone into something I am not doing myself. A lesson that's true for so many things.

Martha was distracted by the preparations and worried and upset about serving Jesus and yet at the end of the day Jesus just wants our undivided attention.

It's disheartening for me to think about how many times have I been distracted, worried, and/or upset about something that I think is all for Jesus, when really He's probably saying to me STOP put down the preparations and sit with me.

All simple truths AND yet as I look at my life as I am starting to get stuck into life here I realize how quickly I can pile on "duties" without really knowing if it's what Jesus want of me.

So BAM! - put on the fire, get a blanket, make a cup of joe, and get me some time at those sweet smelling feet of Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment